'My main narrative consists on translating my negative perceptions into abstract patterns.'
ARTIST BIOGRAPHYSirin Anoush is an emerging artist who is exploring different ways of self-discovery. She received education in Hakob Kojoyan art school as a kid, moving afterwards to stage design. She used her time as a student to explore various artistic forms – such as ceramics, graphics and photography –to find the one which aligned best to her perception on aesthetics and life.
In 2017 she dabbled in documentary filmmaking, receiving a BoonTV award for her documentary on issues of education. Professionally, she also has experience in advertising, commercial graphic design and education.
Her “EVN Patterns” photo-series, which is a conceptual piece exploring the issues she witnesses around her, received a Presidential Award in 2018. Moreover, in 2021, she won a special honorary price on International Print Biennale with her cyanotype dyptich “Satantango”.
Her exhibitions include:
- 2021, Third International Print Biennale, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2021, CoWo, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2021, ACCEA, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2020, Galerie Landos, Hamburg, Germany
- 2020, Kaufingertor Passage, Munich, Germany
- 2019, ACCEA, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2018, Artists Union of Armenia, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2016, Children's Museum after Henrik Igityan, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2015, Modern Art Museum Yerevan, Yerevan, Armenia