ARTIST BIOGRAPHYGayane Avetissian is an emerging contemporary Armenian artist, her main forms of self-expression revolve around painting. Her educational background includes graphics and painting, which she studied first at Panos Terlemezian Yerevan State College of Arts and later at the Academy of Fine Arts, Graphics both in Yerevan.
Her ideas question the place of painting in the contemporary world, which is moving towards finding other mediums of expression. Her paintings are highly valued among her age group, making her one of the most interesting and promising personas in the art world of Armenia. Currently she is residing in Moscow, studying contemporary art.
Her exhibitions include:
- 2021 Tomorrow Group Exhibition, Cafesjian Center for the Arts, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2021 Rating Exhibition, Artists' Union of Armenia, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2020 Rating Exhibition No 2, Artists' Union of Armenia, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2019 Babylon Show, College Performance, Metro Theatre, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2019 Transport, Group Exhibition, Albert and Tove Boyajian Gallery, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2018 Experience, Solo Exhibition, Art Aquarium, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2017 It’s Me, Group Exhibition, Lebanon, Beirut
- 2016 ArtFest, International Festival, Diploma for the Best Painting, Hay-Art Cultural Center, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2016 Spiritual Rebirth, Exhibition-Competition, Terlemezian Gallery, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2015 Solo Exposition, Place of Art Bridge, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2015 Solo Exhibition, Terlemezian Gallery, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2015 Plein Air, International Festival, Exhibition of Paintings, Voronezh, Russia -2013, “I Have a Dream”, US Embassy, Rwanda