Eric Odartey Cruickshank
Eric Odartey Cruickshank, professionally known as “lines being” is a versatile and self-taught artist born in Accra, Ghana in the year 2000.
ARTIST BIOGRAPHYI am currently a student of Takoradi Technical university in the western region of Ghana. I developed the aptitude and creativity for the execution of everyday contemporary art in various media’s ranging from wet to dry.
My artworks revolve around growth documentation of social, cultural, and political affiliations. Every line according to me tells something distinctive, be it thick, straight, curve wavy, spiral, or even faint and broken. I believe that there’s a strong relation between lines and my human figures as the insights and idea originated from line patterns. Lines do express mood and feelings.
Amongst my role models and mentors in the art world is Vincent van Goh, Kerry James Marshal, Egon Schiele, and Amoako Boafo a Ghanaian contemporary artist.
- Piloloo art exhibition - Ghana (TTU) - 2022
- Automania art exhibition - Ghana. - 2022
- The Boundaries beyond figures - Los Angeles (Arushi Gallery) - 2022
- Flowism- Ghana (Artswap) - 2022
- Accra Art Fashion week and art exhibition-Ghana (African art gallery) - 2022
- Shaping the narrative - Ghana(arthause) - 2022